Hoopa City construction manual with all building combinations (+ useful hints & clues)
The new Dr. Panda app “Hoopa City” is not not as easy as it looks and it’s quite tricky to discover and find all of the building combinations, as some are hidden very well. We therefore prepared a pretty thorough overview of all the buildings and objects, which can be discovered in Hoopa City, through skillful trial and error. This gives you a chance to check, whether or not you may have missed some buildings.
If however, you don’t yet know what this Dr. Panda app is all about, you can check out our review of Hoopa City here. You’ll find the download links at the end of this review.
Click-Tip: check out our Hoopa City YouTube trailer here.
Hoopa City – Building materials
Key: in order for you to make use of the instructions easier, we decided to name the materials as they are shown in the game:
Heart, coin, electricity (flash), road, brick, water, plant
Important notice: The order of combination plays an important role! For example:
- A road + electricity (flash) results in a rail
- Electricity (flash) + a road however, results in a power station
The heart constructs a hospital and ensuing from this hospital, we have discovered the following buildings:
- City buildings with fountains = heart + coin
- Dr. Panda statue = heart + heart
- Police station = heart + brick
- Fire station = heart + water
- Big Town Hall with fountain = Four hospitals next to each other (2×2)
- Playground = flower field + heart
A shop can be constructed with the coin and starting from this shop, we discovered the following buildings:
- Library = coin + heart
- Market = coin + coin
- Garage/ repair shop = coin + road
- Umbrella shop (causes rain!) = coin + water
- confectionery = coin + electricity (flash)
- Bicycle shop (cyclists appear) = coin + plant
- Headquaters of Tribe Play (Dr. Panda app developers) = four shops (coin) as a square next to each other (2×2)
A wind turbine can be constructed with the (flash) electricity and starting from the wind turbine we have discovered the following buildings:
- Newsstand = flash + coin
- Power plant with chimney = flash + flash
- Skate park with halfpipe = flash + road
- Big fountain = flash + water
Road / Rail
The road can be changed to a rail, where a train can drive on afterwards. Besides, stops and bridges are also possible.
- Bus stop = road + brick
- Rail = road + flash
- Rail station = rail + brick
- Railway crossing with barriers = rail + road
- Alley = plant + plant + road
- Tunnel = road + water
- Road bridge = water + road
- Rail bridge = water + road + flash
Various buildings can be constructed with the brick, which can even partially be transformed. Starting from a simple residential home, we have discovered the following buildings:
- Large residential home = house + house
- School = brick + heart
- Cinema = brick + flash
- Swimming-pool = brick+ water (not to be mistaken for a swimming bath)
- Greenhouse = Plant/flowers + brick
- Harbour including boat = water + brick
The large residential home (2x bricks) can also be constructed further:
- Business high-rise = brick + brick + coin
- Concert hall / Opera = brick+ brick + flash
All possible combinations starting with the element water:
- Harbour with boat = water + brick
- Chinese Restaurant boat = water + coin
- Hydroelectric facility / Water wheel = water + flash
- Rail bridge = water + road + flash
- Water lily = water + plant (leaf)
By the way, a beach will automatically appear, if there are enough water fields next to each other and the edge area is free of buildings. The Hoopa residents will sunbathe at the beach and will also take a relaxing break from the daily City life.
Other possible combinations with water can be found with the other materials, for example heart + water = fire station
Various flowerbeds can be planted with the leaf:
- Forest (trees) = plant + plant
- Park = plant + road
- Playground = plant + heart
- Sports area (football stadium & race course) = plant + flash
- Swimming bath = plant + flash + water
- Greenhouse = plant + brick
- Christmas tree = plant + plant + flash
More special features of Hoopa city:
Farm = four greenhouses (plant + brick) in a square 2×2 will result in a farm.
Amusement Park = four playgrounds (plant + heart) in a square 2×2 result in a theme park including a rollercoaster and a Ferris wheel.
Airport = In order to construct a Hoopa City Airport you need to build six residential homes next to each other (format 3×2 or 2×3). Then, you also need to combine one of the residential homes with a coin.
More special buildings?
We most likely have not yet discovered all of the possible buildings of Hoopa City. If you however you may have found more surprises in the game or even a mistake in our overview, don’t hesitate to let us know and leave a comment, we’d be more than happy to add more Hoopa City buildings to our overview. Here is the link to our Hoopa City review and the download links for this awesome kids app by Tribe Play: