Interactive telling time | best kids app for learning to read the clock
Kids can now learn to read the clock and time on the iPad and iPhone in a fun and wonderful way, providing that one has found the correct and appropriate app for learning to read the clock for the iPad and iPhone. The app from GiggleUp is one of our favourite and definitely our first choice, as this app offers the nicest, widest and biggest range of learning games all based on learning to read the time and the clock.
By the way: With this kids app, you can also learn to tell the time in French, German and Spanish!
Yet alone the wide range of clock-faces in this app is absolutely magnificent. No other clock learning app offers that many different clock-faces, which do not only look marvellous but also differentiate in style, design, analog and digital clocks. This way kids get to know many different clocks and also learn the coherence between an analog and digital clocks. all clocks have been beautifully and imaginatively designed.
Besides the imaginatively designed clock-faces, there’s also a plain and normal clock-face, where each minute is represented as a number. Primary school kids can even learn to read Roman numbers.
Here are the following clock-learning games:
1) Set the time | via Interactive clocks with movable hour and minute hand, the time is also stated via audio response.
3) Clock Puzzle | this is great for getting to know the clock, especially for toddlers.
The clock pieces are also called out via voice output.
4) Take a Quiz | This is a fantastic multiple choice test: which clock shows the correct time? Kids have to touch the right clock on the board.
5) Stop the clock | In this part, kids need to concentrate on the time that is being said and find the time on the clock.
Kids learn to concentrate and also to check their clock knowledge with this game.
This game checks the kids reaction time via buzzer.
Be quick and push the button at the right time.
6) Learn the clock | In all areas kids get to learn the clock in various strategies, however in this area kids learn all basics and important fact about the clock.
The app developers even thought about a rewarding feature for kids to discover. If kids solve each task correctly, they receive stars, which can be collected. In the extras area “Aquarium”, kids can start off by feeding the 2 given fish. However, the more stars they collect, the more fishes can be collected and taken care of.
The change of day and night, which has been creatively designed with an animated rotating earth, which alternates between sunrise, noon, sunset, and night, has been very beautifully integrated in the background. Kids can see this feature whenever the time is being set differently.
The app is suitable for kids of almost all ages.
Toddlers will learn the components of the clock, especially in the puzzle area.
Pre-schoolers can try out and practise the clock by mainly setting the clock hours to start of with.
Primary school pupils use this app to it’s fullest, maybe even by using a foreign language.
* Hint: You can adjust this app to your needs in the settings, in the main menu of the game.
Top best apps for kids rating: “Editors Choice”
Download Interactive telling time
➔ App download for – iPad & iPhone on Apple App Store
➔ App download for – Android on Google Play App Store
➔ App download for – Kindle Fire on Amazon App Store
kids app test based on app version 3.0