Adventure Playground | Medieval games collection app for kids
✔ iPad | kids app for ages 3-6 years
Jan Essig continues his award-winning Playground app series with the brand new games collection “Adventure Playground”, which is aimed at kids ages 4 years and above. The app is initially available for the iPad on the Apple App Store for $ 1.99 and offers 6 various games in medieval style. Read in our kids app review below as to what to expect and what Adventure Playground is all about.
Medieval Adventure Playground
Adventure Playground offers a whole range of useful activities for kids – and this time, the games are presented to the kids in a very impressive and atmospheric kind of way: After the app has been started, kids stride through a medieval town wall and enter a beautiful kingdom, which is populated by knights, dragons, dwarfs, unicorns and a damsel. Games can be started in 6 different places of the landscape, which have been equipped with several difficulty levels.
Adventure Playground’s main focus is based on games where kids can practise their pattern recognition, memory skills, vision, concentration and generally train their cognitive abilities, without having to sacrifice on having fun – but actually laughing and chuckling at various scenes and graphics which have been designed with love and plenty of humour.
1. In the Mayan temple kids need to complete logical rows.
2. Tiles with shapes and symbols need to be sorted in a wooden shape box.
3. Gemstones need to be sorted by color in the dwarf’s mine.
4. In the trumps cave, a very funny memory game is played, where kids need to memorize the order in which the dragon’s either fart or spit fire.
5. Wanted! During this wish-list game, kids need to pick the correct character of many similar ones, that matches the one shown.
6. The funny suspension bridge game is a balancing game and can either be played via tilt function or by using the finger on the iPad. The brave knight (or any other character) needs to be skillfully directed across the suspension bridge. If you’re not careful, the knight will fall off into the water and kind of risks a rusty armor.
YouTube video trailer of all the games
In our YouTube preview you can take a closer look at the games. Please keep in mind, that we played the games at the easiest difficulty level to start of with, which then slowly automatically increased when playing for a longer time, but it can also be increased in the settings itself.
Adventure Playground | kids app rating
We really enjoyed a trip to the medieval times and especially the lively presentation of the games suits the new games collection really well. The scrollable scenery has it’s own game value, because those of you who search and look at the town wall, through to the landscape, will find some interesting interactive goodies.
Just as safe as the town wall is also the game’s surroundings of Adventure Playground: Kids can freely pick a game, change at any time and get to discover and explore the landscape, without having to come across in-app purchases or advertisements. Even the links to the other Playground apps are safe and can be found in the parental area. No wonder really, as the app has been developed by a father for his son, who had wished for a knights app. However, girls can also have lots of fun with this app, as there are not only dragons and knights, but also princesses and unicorns.
Our conclusion: Adventure Playground is an awesome new release kids app for boys and girls.
(+) 6 various games
(+) Graphic design
(+) All games are narrated via audio response
(+) Comprehensive settings, i.e. game options for boys and girls
(+) Safe game environment
(-) The games could be a little bit more challenging for older children
Download Adventure Playground
➔ App download for – iPad & iPhone on Apple App Store
* not yet available for Android, Kindle Fire
Kids app developer: Jan Essig